The Dorset Safeguarding Children Board (DSCB) has established a number of working groups who, with their agreed work programme and terms of reference take forward the work identified by the Board.
The DSCB has a number of working groups which:
- carry out specific tasks, for example, maintaining and updating procedures and protocols;
- provide specialist advice, for example, in respect of working with specific ethnic and cultural groups, or in relation to specific safeguarding issues such as child sexual exploitation;
- review serious cases and identifying inter-agency training needs;
- bring together representatives of a sector to discuss relevant issues to provide a contribution from that sector to the DSCB
All working groups established by the DSCB:
- work to agreed terms of reference
- have explicit lines of reporting
- have an appointed chair who is also a member of the Board
A number of working groups are Pan-Dorset Groups which mean that they report to both the DSCB and the Bournemouth & Poole Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB). Their workplan, terms of reference and membership are agreed by both Boards and the chair of that group is responsible for reporting to both LSCB chairs.