Welcome to the website for the Dorset Safeguarding Children Board.
You will find information on the site about how to keep children safe from abuse and neglect and what to do if a child is being harmed. Please click on the relevant button for help and guidance:
Access multi-agency training opportunities to develop your skills in working with children, young people and families in Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole.
Refer to the pan-Dorset Multi-Agency Safeguarding Children Procedures for guidance in working with children and families in Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole.
Report a Concern
If you are concerned about the safety or wellbeing of a child or young person, contact the relevant services for specialist support.
A Little Bit About Us
In 2006, the Children Act 2004 placed a requirement on the Local Authority, along with its statutory partners, to set up a Local Safeguarding Children Board.
The Dorset Safeguarding Children Board (DSCB) was therefore set up in order to make sure that key agencies work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in Dorset. As a statutory Board, the DSCB has a strong membership of key partner agencies who all come together to ensure that we:
- protect children from maltreatment
- prevent impairment of children’s health or development
- ensure that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- undertake that role so as to enable those children to have optimum life chances and enter adulthood successfully
- promote a safe environment free from violence.